- Tour 16 iconic kinetic artworks installed outdoor in east Boynton Beach.
- Participate in the first Kinetic Connection, a community based created kinetic artwork.
- Join special S.T.E.A.M. learning based youth workshops and see the Solar Tree kinetic art student exhibit!
- Enjoy over 60 Indoor kinetic artworks and site specific installations.
- Interact with kinetic art influenced inventions and technological innovations.
- Attend engaging and educational presentations.
- Meet international kinetic artists
Kinetic artists seek to propel the mind to wonder and to encourage viewers to appreciate art forms in motion and learn about other ways they can benefit society. Kinetic Art is created by artists who push the boundaries of traditional, static art forms to introduce visual experiences that will engage the audience and profoundly change the course of modern art
“Kinetic artists seek to propel the mind to wonder and to encourage viewers to appreciate the Art in Motion. Kinetic art is created by artists who push the boundaries of traditional, static art forms to introduce visual experiences that are engaging, benefit society and profoundly change our lives.”
Meet Some of the Artists
EDWIN CHEONG – SINGAPORE
PAUL DANIEL – MD
LIN EMERY – LA
JEFF KAHN – PA
JOHN KING – CO
Butterfly Tree ll
RALFONSO – WPB & SWITZERLAND
For information about the 2015 International Kinetic Art Exhibit and Symposium visit: www.IntlKineticArtEvent.org.
February 6-8, 2015 International Kinetic Art Exhibit and Symposium created by the Boynton Beach Arts Commission produced by the City of Boynton Beach through its Art in Public Places program. It’s a signature cultural event for the City’s Strategic Plan and is key to it’s economic development planning.
The objectives of this biennial Symposium are to:
- The goal is to deliver an Art and Cultural event that transcended typical art fairs, delivers international attention to the City of Boynton Beach and educated and engaged a diverse audience about public art.
- Celebrate the dynamic and compelling aspects of today’s kinetic art to the general public, public art professionals, as well as art and museum curators, and gallerists.
- Build public and private interest in collecting and/or commissioning kinetic art through exposure to its rich historical context and through exhibitions of its various contemporary forms.
- Motivate educators to incorporate kinetic art into the S.T.E.A.M. curriculum. The importance of adding “art” to STEM (science, technology, engineering, and math) is to utilize both sides of the brain and to make learning “fun.”
- Stimulate creative applications of various technologies in kinetic art, including “green” technologies in concert with the City’s Green Building Program.
- Create a highly visible, bi-annual, international event that nurtures an exciting contemporary art form, while stimulating the local economy, creating an important cultural destination, and revitalizing a local community.
_________________________________________________________Boynton Beach Art in Public Places MISSION/VISION
? Why Art in Public Places
Our mission is to integrate the arts into the greater community. The purpose is to stimulate cultural interaction, education and economic development by selecting, siting, installing and maintaining public art.
:How We are Funded
The Art in Public Places program is funded through a one-percent public art impact fee. As development occurs, public art is integrated into the architecture, infrastructure, landscape and greenways throughout Boynton Beach.
54 Public art in development projects www.BoyntonBeachArts.org
Art in Public Places videos 2012 & 2013 www.BoyntonBeachArts.org
International Kinetic Art Exhibit & Symposium www.IntlKineticArtEvent.org
Kinetic videos 2013 Kinetic Art Video | 2013 International Kinetic Art Exhibit & Symposium
6th year Avenue of the Arts Avenue of the Arts – City of Boynton Beach
Exhibits in City facilities
BBAD, Boynton Beach Arts District
Face Book: Boynton Beach Art District
The vision for Art in Public Places Program is to connect the cultural environment in Boynton Beach with the global community.
Like us on Face book Boynton Beach Art in Public Places
The Art in Public Places Program provides jobs for artists and art related businesses, attracts visitors, creative placemaking and contributes to economic development.
For more information please contact Debby Coles-Dobay, City of Boynton Beach Public Art Administrator, at 561-742-6026.
Visit Boynton Beach Art in Public Places or www.boyntonbeacharts.org.
For coverage of your events, to place an advertisement, or speak to Rickie about appearing in The Rickie Report, contact The Rickie Report at:
Rickie Leiter, Publisher
The Rickie Report
Palm Beach Gardens, FL 33420