The “Festi-Fall” Arts and Crafts Show is being organized by the Zonta Club of Greater Deerfield Beach. The event is Saturday, September 27th. Artists and vendors are urged to apply quickly, before this indoor show fills up! It takes place at the Emma Lou Olson Civic Center in Pompano Beach, a popular and busy venue for all types of community activities. This article includes the general information and application form. The Rickie Report shares this Call to Artists and looks forward to hearing from you when you get accepted!
“Festi-Fall” Arts and Crafts Show
the Zonta Club of Greater Deerfield Beach
SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 27, 2014
10 am – 3 pm
Emma Lou Olson Civic Center
1801 NE 6th Street
Pompano Beach, FL
Zonta International seeks to advance the status of women worldwide by improving the legal, political, economic, educational, health and professional status of women at the global and local levels through service and advocacy. The Greater Deerfield Beach Club is sponsoring an Arts and Crafts Festival on Saturday, September 27th as a fundraiser for their goals.
Artists, crafters and vendors are welcome to apply to this event. It takes place at the Emma Lou Olson Civic Center (originally Pompano Beach Civic Center). It is located at 1801 NE 6th Street in Pompano Beach, one block west of Federal Hwy and six blocks north of Atlantic Blvd. Regular classes and events are held at this community center Monday through Saturday throughout the year.
Zonta International seeks to advance the status of women worldwide by improving the legal, political, economic, educational, health and professional status of women at the global and local levels through service and advocacy. With the generosity and collective action of Zontians and friends around the world, Zonta International has supported projects in 57 countries, provided scholarships and awards to women around the globe, and been a powerful advocate for change in our local and international communities, thereby transforming the world and women’s place in it.
Name (please print)___________________________
Category (check): ___FINE ARTS ___ CRAFTS ____JEWELRY ____ OTHER (Explain_______________)
• Fine Arts: All media artwork, photography, pottery, handpainted original objects, quilting, or any mixed media.
• Crafts: Handmade crafts, holiday arrangements/crafts
• Jewelry: Handcrafted jewelry from precious materials (gold, silver, gemstones, etc.) and/or non-precious materials (wood, clay, glass, etc.), vintage jewelry
• Other: Local businesses, support groups, special organizations, miscellaneous crafts, foods
Booth Fee approx 8’ x 8’ (Includes one 6’ Table)
Due with application, no later than September 15, 2014
____Booth Space (includes one table): $40.00
____Two Booth Spaces (includes two tables): $75.00
____Food Vendors (refer to special form) ____Sponsors (refer to special form)
Booth fees are deposited upon receipt and refunded if applicant is not accepted into the event.
Release and Indemnity: In consideration of mutual benefits, I agree to abide by the rules established by the Zonta Club of Greater Deerfield Beach which I have carefully read and which are listed and made part of this contract. The Zonta Club of Greater Deerfield Beach will not be responsible for any injury that may arise to exhibitors or guests while they are within the space set aside for exhibitors, or for loss or damage to any property from any cause whatsoever during the period of this festival. Further, in consideration of the Festi-fall providing us with space for the display and sale of our various products, goods and other valuable wares, do hereby release the Zonta Club of Greater Deerfield Beach, City of Pompano Beach, Community Redevelopment Agency, and any of their members, employees, directors or volunteers from any liability for the loss or damage of product, personal injury or property damage. I acknowledge full responsibility for all my activities at the Festi-fall and for those assisting me and I agree to defend, hold harmless and indemnify the Zonta Club of Greater Deerfield Beach, City of Pompano Beach, Community Redevelopment Agency, for any damages, attorney’s fees or costs of any legal action resulting from any claims in which they, their members, employees, agents or volunteers are made parties defendant. This Release and Indemnity Agreement applies for the duration of the Festi-fall as scheduled and to any claims made within the applicable Statute of Limitations for a loss occurring during that time period.
Check Enclosed is my check /money order payable to ZONTA CLUB OF GREATER DEERFIELD BEACH
Amount of check/money order: $________
Setups for this event will be in the auditorium/banquet hall and stage area. Spaces will be assigned on a first-come, first-serve basis after applications are received and accepted.
- Participants and/or assistants must tend their booth for the length of the show (Saturday, September 27, 10am to 3pm). Set ups begin NO EARLIER than 8:00am Participants must have all work unpacked and on display by 10am. NO EARLY breakdown of booths allowed.
- Each participant is responsible for providing a display unit that is attractive and suitable for crowd visibility. Booth spaces can accommodate a 8’ x 8’ area. Electricity is not provided. The participant’s set up, including personal materials, must be contained within their space.
- Each participant sells directly to the public and must individually comply and is responsible for collection of 6% Florida State Sales Tax.
- Your space is reserved when payment clears. Deposited checks returned by the bank will void entry to the show.
- The Show organizers reserve the right to request the removal of any inappropriate work or display.
- Applications and booth fees MUST BE POSTMARKED by 09/15/14. Notification will be sent by email. Participants whose work is not accepted will be notified and all fees returned. Participants who are accepted will receive an information packet.
- A reservation is a commitment to show and no refunds will be made for cancellations after 09/19/14. There will be no cancellation refunds due to weather, etc.
EXHIBITOR RULES AND POLICIES
- All display work is preferred to be handcrafted by the displaying participant; however commercial products or company-produced products, and resale products are only permitted at the discretion of show organizers.
- Use of space is restricted to the participant(s) whose name appears on the application. No booth sharing permitted.
- We reserve the right to remove any questionable, non-approved display work from the show.
- Booth areas must look professional at all times.
- Food participants must have necessary food permits as required by Florida Agriculture Dept.
AT THE EVENT
- Participants must be present and maintain booth throughout the day of the event. Booth sitters will be available if necessary.
- All works displayed must be for sale.
- Participants are required to load in between 8:00am and 9:00am on Saturday, September 27, 2014.
- No animals are allowed in or around the participants’ booths.
- All applicants are asked to supply Zonta Club with ONE DONATED ITEM that can be used as a raffle-type item….value $15+.
AT CLOSE OF EVENT
- Participants are responsible for clean up and trash removal of your assigned area. Civic Center staff will be available to give directions regarding trash removal.
- All activities, including breakdown and cleanup, must be completed by 5pm.
Mail booth fee & application to:
Zonta Club of Greater Deerfield Beach
PO Box 315
Deerfield Beach FL 33443
Phone: Emily Lilly at (561) 299-8684
For coverage of your events, to place an advertisement, or speak to Rickie about appearing in The Rickie Report, contact The Rickie Report at:
Rickie Leiter, Publisher
The Rickie Report
Palm Beach Gardens, FL 33420