While The Rickie Report focuses on Palm Beach County, FL, we realize there is a big world out there and many of you may want to take advantage of some local and world-wide Calls to Artists. Please contact the originator of the Call to Artists in this article and then send The Rickie Report a copy of your acceptance email! We’d love to share your successes with our readers!
1) Hospice Foundation of Palm Beach County
DEADLINE: March 1st
Something new and exciting is coming to Wally Findlay Galleries March 9, 2013.
- For one night only, the walls that have been adorned with paintings by, “The Masters” for fifty-two years, will be replaced by one-of-a-kind celebrity masques created by selected artists. We invite you to donate your artistic talents by decorating a mask to be displayed during our events silent auction. All artists and those with a creative flair are invited to participate in Hospice of Palm Beach County Foundation’s signature fundraising event.
- You may donate your artistic talent by decorating a mask to be displayed during our silent auction and dinner. The Celebrity Masque Art Auction on March 9 is the perfect blend of art, entertainment and philanthropy. Proceeds benefit the compassionate programs at Hospice of Palm Beach County Foundation, a not-for-profit organization specializing in end-of-life care for patients and their loved ones.
- Artists understand that the Celebrity Masque Art Auction is a fundraising event to benefit Hospice of Palm Beach County Foundation and that they are donating their time and talent. Masks will be provided to artists at no charge; however, artists are responsible for the cost of any materials related to completing their selected designs. Participants must use the mask provided by Hospice of Palm Beach County Foundation. All other masks will be disqualified.
- Masks can be delivered to the artist or celebrity or they can be picked up at the Wally Findlay Gallery, 165 Worth Avenue, Palm Beach or Hospice of Palm Beach County Foundation, 5300 East Avenue, West Palm Beach. Completed masks are due March 1, 2013. If the mask will not fit into the box provided, please return the mask in a box of appropriate size.
Be a part of the Celebrity Masque Art Auction by contacting Lauryn Barry at (561) 494-6884 or firstname.lastname@example.org
2) Pilchuck Glass School – Summer Program
Apply online at www.pilchuck.com. Applications accepted until courses are filled.
3) Delray Affair Still has Openings for Exhibitors!
4) Art in Public Places Internship
Contact: Elayna Toby Singer ESinger@pbcgov.org
5) Camera USA: National Photography Award
Deadline: March 26, 2013
Third Annual call for photographers residing in the USA. Photography exhibition at The von Liebig Art Center in Naples, Florida from June 17 to August 23, 2013 with $5,000 award. Three distinguished Jurors: Internationally recognized photojournalist, Harry Benson; Bob Rauschenberg Gallery Director, Ron Bishop; and Internationally Exhibited Photographer, Christopher Rauschenberg. Entry fee.
6) Professional Women Photographers
Deadline: March 31, 2013
Founded in 1975, the mission of Professional Women Photographers (PWP) is the advancement of women photographers through the creation of a dynamic and supportive environment that promotes public interest in photography. PWP invites women photographers working in all mediums, processes, styles, and schools of thought to our spring 2013 Call for Entry. Experimental and mixed techniques are welcome.
Winners will be selected in each of the following four categories:
• Fine Art
• Digital Imagination (Composites, Abstracts, etc.)
Digital image files must meet the following specifications: 8 bit JPEG files (CMYK and 16 bit files will not be uploaded), the longest dimension should be 1280 pixels (width or height), 72 ppi, JPG compression quality of 7 or 8. Images will be viewed as RGB images; therefore Adobe RGB or sRGB profiles should be used.
All artists maintain copyright on their images. The entry fee is $35 for the first three images. Additional images may be submitted for $10 each.
This competition is open worldwide to all women photographers; non-members and members of PWP, amateur and professional.
Julie Saul, owner and director of the Julie Saul Gallery in Manhattan, will award $5,000 in cash, plus an article in IMPRINTS Magazine, and valuable prizes from Datacolor, global leader in color calibration technology.
7) International Direct Art Magazine
Deadline: March 31, 2013
- International Competition
- $26,000 in publication awards in Vol. 20 of Direct Art Magazine Fall/Winter 2013 issue
- Direct Art magazine has both print and on-line editions
- The print edition has several distributors including COMAG Marketing Group, the distributors of Art New and Art in America. Direct Art is also sold throughout the US including Barnes & Noble.
- This competition is open to all artists working in all media
- Twenty-two awards include the covers, feature articles and full page displays.
- Entry fee applies
SlowArt sponsors competitions for Limner Galleryexhibitions and for the annual fall edition of Direct Art Magazine. Applications for the magazine are available from December to March. Limner exhibitions are ongoing and new events are posted periodically on this page. Events currently open for entry are listed below. There is a nominal entry fee, winners are not charged any additional publication or exhibition fees.
- More than $25,000 in cash prizes will be awarded
- Top Award Winners will be featured in the December 2013 issue of The Artist’s Magazine
- All winners will also appear in a special online gallery.
- There are 5 categories for you to compete and win.
- Plus, there’s a Special Student/Beginner Division for new artists. Entry fee.
9) American Tapestry Biennial 10
Deadline: October 31, 2013
American Tapestry Alliance invites all tapestry artists to submit works to American Tapestry Biennial 10. Entry to ATB 10 is open to all tapestry artists who design and weave their own tapestries (defined as “hand-woven, weft-faced fabric with discontinuous wefts”), either individually or collaboratively (all assistants shall be named). Multimedia work will be considered as long as the primary medium is tapestry. Entries must be one-of-a-kind and have been completed after January 2010. Entries may not have been shown previously in any ATA exhibition, including the Unjuried Small Format show. Artists may submit up to three pieces, but a maximum of one piece per artist will be accepted.
For coverage of your events, to place an advertisement, or speak to Rickie about appearing in The Rickie Report, contact The Rickie Report at:
Rickie Leiter, Publisher
The Rickie Report
Palm Beach Gardens, FL 33420