The Artists Association of Jupiter (AAOJ) proudly presents: “Our True Colors”, a one of a kind collaboration between The Artists Association of Jupiter and the Paws 4 Liberty Service Dogs for Heroes. The Rickie Report suggests you set aside Wednesday September 10th, from 5:30-7:30 to see the art exhibit and meet some of the “in training” pups and Veterans! More details are here. A portion of proceeds from sales of artworks and a Raffle will benefit Paws 4 Liberty Service Dogs for Heroes.
Artists Association of Jupiter
“Our True Colors”
Wednesday, September 10th
5:30 -7:30 pm
A Unique Art Gallery
226 Center Street Suite #8
The Artists Association of Jupiter (AAOJ) proudly presents: “Our True Colors”, a one of a kind collaboration of The Artists Association of Jupiter. This event will be held on Wednesday September 10th, from 5:30-7:30 at A Unique Art Gallery, 226 Center St #8 in Jupiter. A portion of proceeds from sales of artworks and a 50/50 Raffle will benefit Paws 4 Liberty Service Dogs for Heroes. Meet some of the P4L teams, some “in training” pups and Veterans. www.paws4liberty.org
“Our True Colors” will represent the essence and energy that this time in our world is all about, a united community coming together to support through the imagination a vision of peace and harmony. If we can imagine it we can create it! We invite you to join us as we share with you the reason why we create and the reason why we are a united co-op of diverse artists with one message and one goal.
The Artists Association of Jupiter is a collaboration of artists who work together to promote the awareness of art and education to the community and surrounding counties. Its venue, A Unique Art Gallery, opened its doors in June of 2010. The gallery is staffed and operated with the help of volunteer gallery artists. Each month on the second Wednesday, the Gallery hosts special exhibits with a wine and cheese reception. We feature one or more of our artists with a portion of all sales and a 50/50 Raffle benefiting different local not for profit charities. Learn more about the organization, its artists and programs on the Association’s website, www.artistsassociationofjupiter.com
The mission of Paws 4 Liberty
The mission of Paws 4 Liberty is to help returning soldiers with disabilities regain their independence and confidence through the assistance of highly trained service dogs.
We envision improved quality of life for veterans who have served so bravely through a loving and enduring relationship with a service dog.
With a primary focus on post 9/11 veterans suffering from Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD), Paws 4 Liberty raises, trains, and places highly skilled service dogs. Paws 4 Liberty places service dogs at no cost to the recipient. To fulfill our purpose, our ongoing objectives include:
• To accept qualified rescue dogs or donated dogs for the specific purpose of training them to become service dogs
• To carefully screen and train dogs as service dogs according to the standards set by Assistance Dogs International (ADI)
• To match trained service dogs to an appropriate human “partner,” with thoughtful consideration for the client’s needs and the dog’s abilities
• To provide continuing supportive services to ensure a successful and enduring relationship between the client and dog
• We believe that many returning veterans, men and women who are used to living highly active lifestyles, have made significant sacrifices that have had a serious impact on their abilities.
• We believe that veterans in particular, because of their military training and experience working in small units, are well suited for a long term relationship with a service dog.
• We believe that a match between a service dog and a veteran is a mutually beneficial relationship that helps fulfill the needs of the human and the dog.
• We believe in the value of educating the public about the challenges facing returning veterans and the benefits of service dogs.
• We believe that our clients, our dogs, our volunteers, and all our partners deserve to be treated with the utmost kindness and respect at all times.
• Article in Seabreeze Publication: http://www.seabreezepublications.com/papers/1407/southernexposure/index.html#p=6
Paws 4 Liberty is one of 76 nonprofit organizations featured in the third annual “Directory of Extraordinary Charities,” which is produced by Extraordinary Charities, a nonprofit 501(c) 3 organization designed to connect donors with outstanding and underfunded charities in the community.
For more information on this event call or email the Gallery at 561-529-2748 or firstname.lastname@example.org or Heidi Spirraza, Executive Director email@example.com Paws 4 Liberty, Inc. 8939 Palomino Drive Lake Worth, FL 33467 (561) 644-6292 www.paws4liberty.org