Art Associations from Boca Raton to Vero Beach are participating in this refreshing exhibition at the Lighthouse Art Center, which fosters cross pollination of ideas and practices with 2D and 3D media from fiber arts to fused glass. Let your imagination soar as you view the 6th Annual “Art Of Association” through August 11. Stop by for the next two Thursday Receptions, July 21 and August 11. Fast moving presentations will be offered by Pecha Cucha and other representatives of the participating associations. The Rickie Report shares the details here, with some photos of the award winners and guests. Open to the public, this is an opportunity for everyone to meet representatives of the various associations – is there a new art-related networking organization for you?
373 Tequesta Drive Tequesta, FL
Monday through Friday 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Saturday 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
3rd Thursday, July 21
5:30 to 7:30 p.m.
Closing Reception & Season Preview:
2nd Thursday, August 11
5:30 to 7:30 p.m.
Cost to view exhibition: Members free; $5 nonmembers ages 13 and up; Saturday admission is free.
As part of the National Blue Star Museum initiative, admission is free through September 5, 2016 to active military and their families with valid military I.D.
Exhibition runs through August 11, 2016
This collaborative exhibition features over 100 talented artists from 16 art associations located in Palm Beach and Martin counties.
• Lighthouse Camera Club
• North County Art Association
• Palm Beach County Art Teachers Association
• Plein Air Palm Beach
• Port St. Lucie Art League
• South Florida Basket and Fiber Guild
• Wellington Art Society
• Women in the Visual Arts
• Art Associates of Martin County
• Artists in Florida
• Fabric and Florals by Choice
• Florida Artists Group
• Studio Art Quilt Association
• Jensen Beach Art League
• Lake Worth Art League
• Lighthouse ArtCenter Artists’ Guild
It’s a feast for the eyes as the best work by artists of sixteen art associations, from Miami to Vero Beach, is on display at the Lighthouse ArtCenter. The work was juried and judged, resulting in twenty-two awards presented at the 6th Annual Art of Association exhibition opening reception at the ArtCenter in Tequesta.
Roehl Acosta, Best Of Show, ” Florida Wave”
Wellington Art Society with Janeen Mason and Nancy Politsch from LAC
Curator Janeen Mason, announced the winners to the capacity crowd that took place at the June 3rd Thursday event and Executive Director, Nancy Politsch presented the awards. Jane Davis Doggett, 2016 inductee into the Florida Artists Hall of Fame, Jennifer Elser, CEO of the Elliott Museum and Nancy Politsch, served as the judges.
First Place: Watercolor, by Carmen Lagos, “Natures Way of Weaving” (left), “Brisa y Mar #2” (middle), “Hidden Universe #4” (right)
Collaboration and cooperation are key to the Art of Association, which showcases 375 original works of art from 186 exhibiting artists. Participating art groups include Art Associates of Martin County, Artists in Florida, Fabric and Florals by Choice, Jensen Beach Art League, Lake Worth Art League, Lighthouse ArtCenter Artists’ Guild, Lighthouse Camera Club, North County Art Association, Palm Beach County Art Teacher’s Association, Plein Air Palm Beach, Port St. Lucie Art League, South Florida Basket & Fiber Guild, Studio Art Quilting Association Pod 7 and Pod 8, Wellington Art Society and Women in the Visual Arts.
A reception guest inspecting 2nd place winner Laurie Snow Hein’s “The Hunters Paradise”
“This is an exhibition in which art lovers and collectors can see, as well as purchase, the best work by members of art associations in our region. There are outstanding pieces of art ranging from representational and abstract paintings to photography, ceramic sculptures and glass work to fiber art,” said Executive Director Nancy Politsch. “The openings, lectures and exhibition this summer also offer the participating artists an opportunity to network, share ideas and expand their horizons.”
Reception guests under the acrylic painting titled “Going Home” by Gustavo Castillio
BEST OF SHOW: Roehl Acosta, Wellington Art Society, Title: Florida Wave
SCULPTURE, 3-D ANDJEWELRY
• 1st Place: Nancy Politsch, Lighthouse ArtCenter Artist Guild, Glass, Title: Silver Glow
• 2nd Place: Bill Jones, North County Art Associates, Turned wooden bowl with inlaid turquoise, Title: Southwest Trails
• 3rd Place: Carolyn Austin, North County Art Associates, Hand-Blown Glass, Title: Purple Haze
• 1st Place: Barbara Watler, Studio Art Quilting Association Pod 7, Quilted Applique, Title: Vibrations
• 2nd Place: Cindy Bartosek, South Florida Basket and Fiber Guild, Eco Print on Silk, Title: Natural Impressions
• 3rd Place: Ellen Anderman, SAQA Pod 8, Quilted Applique, Title: Color My World
• Honorable Mention: Malle Whitaker, South Florida Basket and Fiber Guild, Reed and natural materials on stoneware base, Title: Rebirth
ABSTRACT, MIXED MEDIA, ENCAUSTIC
• 1st Place: Karen Angstadt, Jensen Beach Art League, Ink on Fiber, Title: Puppy Love
• 2nd Place: Lorrie Williamson, Florida Artists Group, Mixed Media, Title: Passion for Life
PAINTING, OIL AND ACRYLIC
• 1st Place: Tonya Witzel, Lighthouse ArtCenter Artist Guild, Oil on Canvas, Title: Portico Reflections
• 2nd Place: Laurie Snow Hein, Lighthouse ArtCenter Artist Guild, Acrylic on Canvas, Title: Hunter’s Paradise
• 3rd place: Kris Davis, Palm Beach County Art Teachers Association, Oil on Canvas, Title: Rhythm
• Honorable Mention: Susan Greeley, Women in the Visual Arts, Acrylic on Canvas, Title: Kingston Road Market
WATERCOLOR AND PASTEL
• 1st Place: Carmen Lagos, Lighthouse ArtCenter Artist Guild, Watercolor, Title: Nature’s Way of Weaving
• 2nd Place: Gustavo Castillio, Lighthouse ArtCenter Artist Guild, Watercolor, Title: Sweetwater for Sale
• 3rd Place: Lynn Morgan, Florida Artists Group, Pastel on Paper, Title: Heaven and Earth
• Honorable Mention: Kathryn Adele Schumacher, Lighthouse ArtCenter Artist Guild, Title: Elephant Walk
PHOTOGRAPHY AND DIGITAL
• 1st Place: Barry Schein, Artists in Florida, Photography, Title: Masai One
• 2nd Place: Don Lacy, Lighthouse Camera Club, Photography, Title: December Morning
• 3rd Place: Debbie Rubin, Women in the Visual Arts, Photography, Title: The Barbershop
• Hon Mention: Judy Norton, Lighthouse Camera Club, Photography, Title: Red Dragonfly
ABOUT LIGHTHOUSE ARTCENTER
The Lighthouse ArtCenter, a member-supported nonprofit organization, provides visual and performing arts for the community through unique collections, engaging exhibitions and cultural programs, a dynamic School of Art and diverse outreach activities. The Lighthouse ArtCenter Museum is located at 373 Tequesta Drive and the School of Art is located at 395 Seabrook Road in Tequesta, Fla. For exhibition or Museum information please call (561) 746-3101 or visit www.LighthouseArts.org.
For coverage of your events, to place an advertisement, or speak to Rickie about appearing in The Rickie Report, contact:
Rickie Leiter, Publisher
The Rickie Report
Palm Beach Gardens, FL 33420