Friends of the Arthur R Marshall Loxahatchee National Wildlife Refuge announce their Sixth Annual Juried Art Contest and Show, “Loxahatchee Visions”. This is open to all artists, including youth. The Rickie Report shares the application here. There are cash prizes and the opportunity to sell your artwork Art Patrons and Visitors will see the exhibit at the Visitor Center beginning on October 19th. The Opening Reception and Awards event takes place on Sunday, October 25th.
CALL FOR ENTRIES:
Directions: Arthur R Marshall Loxahatchee National Wildlife Refuge is located in Boynton Beach, FL., between Boynton Beach Boulevard and Route 441.
In our Visitor Center, located in the Cypress Swamp next to the 0.4 mile boardwalk, you can learn about our wildlife, habitats, management activities and even see what the interior of the Refuge looks like on a virtual airboat ride, all without ever actually stepping outside. Other informative and interactive exhibits and displays include the history of the Refuge, a tree island and gator hole diorama, and night sounds of the Everglades. Come out and see for yourself!
For more information, call (561) 734-8303
Deadline: Entries will be accepted at the Visitor Center from Monday, October 12, 2015 to Saturday, October 17, 2015.
The Visitor Center is open 9 AM – 4 PM daily.
Accepted entries will be on display in the auditorium from Monday, October 19, 2015.
The Reception and Award Presentation will be Sunday, October 25, 2015 in the Visitor Center Auditorium at 1 PM.
Rules: Entries that do not comply will be disqualified.
- The contest is open to all artists.
- Each artist may submit one or two original works of art.
- No giclees and no previous award winners will be accepted.
- No photography-we have a separate photography contest in the winter season.
- The subject must be inspired by a “Loxahatchee vision…”
- Any media or mixed media may be used (except photographs).
- Each entry must be framed and ready for hanging. Wrapped canvas painted edges are OK
- Each entry can be no more than 36″ on a side including the frame.
- Please label the back with a card securely attached stating the title of the work, the media type, the artists’ name, and the sale price.
- Friends of Loxahatchee will use their best efforts to sell the entries and will retain 25% of the sale price as a contribution to the Refuge.
- Each artist will be expected to remove their art no later than Sunday, January 3, 2016 or Monday, January 4, 2016.
Categories: Entries will be judged on technical excellence, originality, creativity, visual impact, and artistic merit. Judges decisions are final.
- There are two categories – Novice (up to age 18) and Adult (age 18 and above).
- Each category will be awarded a First Prize ($250); a Second Prize ($150); and a Third Prize ($100)
- Judges may designate up to 3 entries in each category as Honorable Mentions.
- Judges may decide not to award cash prizes if there are less than 10 entries in that category.Entry Fee and Form: A check or money order made to the Friends of Loxahatchee must accompany the completed entry form. Place both in an envelope labeled Friends Art Contest and bring to the Visitor Center with your entry.
Friends members and Refuge staff ($5.00)
All others ($25.00)
Loxahatchee Visions Contest Entry Form
State: Zip Code:
Circle One: Novice Adult
Title of Entry 1:
Title of Entry 2:
I understand and agree to the contest rules and conditions and certify that the entry is my own original work.
For participants under the age of 18, a parent or legal guardian must complete the following: I have read the contest rules and his/her participation is with my permission.