Everyone who attends the Armory Art Center’s Annual 50/50 Live Art Event and Auction has a fabulous time! 50 artists participate by creating their artwork as YOU watch! On Saturday, November 28, 2015, these artists will publicly show off their skills by creating a work of art in front of a live audience that will be auctioned off just minutes after being completed. This unique event will give artists the chance to exhibit their work in public at one of South Florida’s most venerated cultural centers. The Rickie Report reminds Art Lovers and Art Patrons to Buy Your Tickets NOW! ARTISTS: Deadline for application is November 13th!
1700 parker avenue w.p.b., fl 33401
4th Annual 50/50 Live Art Event and Auction
BUY YOUR TICKETS NOW!
To See Video
Saturday, November 28, 2015
6:30 – 9:00 pm
Why participate? Exposure…
- The event will be well promoted and well attended by art enthusiasts and collectors.
- You can display a binder that is up to 9”x12” to showcase more examples of your work to potential buyers.
- Each year the 50/50 Live Art Event and Auction has brought in more than 200 spectators.
- You will have the chance to interact with attendees and distribute postcards and business cards.
- You have the added benefit of enhancing your resume when you are accepted into this juried opportunity.
- Your work is auctioned by a local radio personality who will promote the event on air.
- You will keep 50% from the sale of your work.
- The event and sale of your painting can be added to your bio and resume.
- This is a prestigious juried event and you will be selected based on talent.
- There is a $20 application fee.
- Artists will be provided a 16”x20” canvas.
- Artists must provide their own art supplies and set up their work stations.
- Artists can use acrylic or any other non-toxic materials (no oils) but the work MUST be dry before the end of the painting session (6:30 – 8:30 p.m.) and must be ready to hang, even if it includes 3-D elements.
- The starting bid of all work will be $50. The final bid price is split 50/50 between artist and the Armory.
- You can also choose to become a sponsoring artist and donate full proceeds for greater publicity. Learn more by going to armoryart.org
- The artist or a representative at the conclusion of the event must claim unsold artwork.
- Artwork left at the Armory will become the property of the Armory.
- Upon acceptance to the 4th Annual 50/50 Live Art Event and Auction, artists will receive further instructions regarding their participation.
- Application can be found on armoryart.org/artist-opportunities
- To apply, submit the completed application and 3 jpeg images of your work via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you are accepted by the jury, notification with details will be sent by email.
- For more information, please call (561) 832-1776.
Deadline for entry is November 13, 2015
5:30 – 6:30 pm Artists Set Up
6:30 pm Doors Open to the Public
6:30 – 8:30 pm Artists Create Their Work
8:15 – 8:30 pm Paintings Are Collected For the Auction
8:30 – 8:45 pm Live Auction Begins
9:30 – 10:00 pm Artists break-down
Virginia Sinicki, WRMF’s popular KVJ show radio host
Is returning as emcee.
Last year Virginia livened up the crowd and every painting sold!
Painters at Armory 50/50 Event
The Armory Art Center:
The mission of the Armory Art Center is to inspire the creation and experience of art. The Armory’s vision is to be Palm Beach County’s leading visual arts education and exhibition center. Housed in an historic art deco building, the Armory provides art classes for students of all ages, exhibitions, art salons, lectures, and special events. Twenty exhibitions are hosted annually in three galleries. Nearly 100 courses held in 12 state-of-the-art studios are offered including ceramics, digital arts, drawing, glass fusing, jewelry, painting, printmaking, fibers, sculpture, and more. For more information, visit www.armoryart.org or call 561-832-1776 x33.