51st Annual Key Biscayne Rotary Art Festival Offers Free art Giveaway, Live Music, Food Court, Kid’s Art Tent and More
The 51st Annual Key Biscayne Rotary Art Festival takes place March 21 – 22, 2015. The Village Green, on Crandon Boulevard, in Key Biscayne will be transformed into an outdoor art gallery with original artwork and affordable gift items by 150 of the finest artists in the U.S. Enjoy eclectic art displays, live music, an international food court, fine wines & craft beers, children’s activities, a free art giveaway and special activities marking the show’s milestone. Saturday & Sunday, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. The Rickie Report gives you more details and highlights of Featured Artist, Kokó Brandão, whose Free Art Giveaway is valued at $850.
51st Annual Key Biscayne Rotary Art Festival
Saturday, March 21
10:00 am – 5:00 pm
The Village Green, on Crandon Boulevard, in Key Biscayne
Navigational Address: 400 Crandon Boulevard, Key Biscayne, FL 33149
To Support the Arts, the Rotary Club of Key Biscayne and the Local Community
Free and open to the public
Key Biscayne welcomes back its premier art festival March 21-22, 2015. This two-day annual tradition includes a wide variety of original art, live music, children’s activities, an international food court featuring fine wines & craft beers as well as a free art giveaway. The wide array of artistic media will include paintings, sculptures, photography, ceramics, glass, wood, handmade jewelry, collage, and mixed media as well as unique gift items. The prices will be set to suit all budgets. Admission is free and open to the public.
The festival, produced by Howard Alan Events and the Rotary Club of Key Biscayne, will take place at the Village Green located on Crandon Boulevard. Festival patrons will have the opportunity to explore the original artwork of 150 of the finest artists in the country, enjoy live music, sample dishes from the international food court and indulge in fine wines and craft beers. The show will also offer interactive activities for young art enthusiasts.
The artists, who will be present for the duration of the event, welcome the opportunity to meet festival patrons and discuss their work. The jury process ensures diverse art media of the highest quality and will include paintings, sculptures, photography, ceramics, glass, wood, handmade jewelry, collage, and mixed media.
Kokó Brandão’s figurative forms magically capture the beauty of female portraiture – while creating art that is completely modern and original. Kokó is inspired by the graceful elegance of the female form. At times classically alluring, demure and provocative, her art has a pervasive sense of sophistication. Her signature use of expressive color as well as the dynamic application of paint on the canvas combines to create her uniquely recognizable style. The giveaway prize, a 40”x16” original acrylic painting on canvas titled “Gold” and valued at $850, will be on display in her booth where registration will also take place. No purchase is necessary to participate and the winner will be announced during the final hour of the art show. To learn more about this talented artist and explore her work go to www.kokobrandao.com.
Viewers report, “Looking at Kokó Brandão’s work, you always get a feeling of the artist’s soul – tension behind the painting … interaction of strong tones and the bright color impact … abstract elements and the sensual dynamics”.
Additional information about the festival:
- Juried first-class outdoor art gallery
- Showcasing local and national artists
- Original Artwork Handmade in America
- 150 artists from 30 different states
- Prices set to suit all budgets – ranging from as little as $25 to $30,000
- Artists hand-selected by independent panel of expert judges from hundreds of applicants
- All artists on site for duration of festival
- Vast array of artistic media including paintings, sculptures, photography, ceramics, glass, wood, handmade jewelry, collage, mixed media
- International Food Court
- 6 distinct culinary offerings available for purchase
- The Rotary Club of Key Biscayne will offer craft beers, a selection of fine wines, water and sodas
- Special Saturday Night Under the Stars Event
- Children’s Interactive Art Activities in the Young Artists Tent as well as an entertainment area to include bounce houses and face painting
- Live PUSH CPR Sessions by the Village of Key Biscayne Fire and Police Departments
- Live Entertainment – The Chowder Chompers and Patriotic Marching Band will be performing at noon in the main Rotary dining tent, located in the center of the festival.
- Free Art Festival Giveaway
- The 50th Anniversary 2014 Commemorative Festival Poster featuring the art of Xavier Cortada will be available, for $10, at the Rotary Welcome Tent located in the center of the festival.
- A portion of the proceeds benefits the Rotary Club of Key Biscayne Foundation.
This year’s festival sponsors include the Miami Herald, the NY Times, the Village of Key Biscayne, The Islander News, FJ Turbine Power, Dr. Neil Friedman DDS, Baptist Health South Florida, Sun Trust Bank, Home Federal Bank of Hollywood, Key Biscayne Community Foundation, Joan McCaughn & Team, and Alice & Stephen Takach.
About Howard Alan Events, Ltd.:
Howard Alan Events, a Florida-based company, develops and presents art and craft shows throughout the country. For the past 32 years, Howard Alan Events has produced some of the nation’s finest juried art shows, including more than 40 venues each year such as the Downtown Aspen Art Festival (Aspen, CO), Beaver Creek Art Festival (Beaver Creek, CO), Chicago Tribune North Michigan Avenue Art Festival (Chicago, IL), and the Las Olas Art Fairs, (Fort Lauderdale, FL). Several shows are ranked in the top 100 art fairs in the country by Sunshine Artist magazine. The founders personally select culture rich cities for their show locations providing a complete outdoor experience unmatched by other festivals. Each show is unique and features works of both established and emerging artists.
For additional information on the 51st Annual Key Biscayne Rotary Festival of the Arts and other Howard Alan Events art and craft shows across the country, visit www.artfestival.com, email email@example.com or call 561-746-6615. For information about the Rotary Club of Key Biscayne please visit www.rotaryclubofkeybiscayne.org
For coverage of your events, to place an advertisement, or speak to Rickie about appearing in The Rickie Report, contact The Rickie Report at:
Rickie Leiter, Publisher
The Rickie Report
Palm Beach Gardens, FL 33420