The Friends of Arthur R. Marshall Loxahatchee National Wildlife Refuge announce the 7th Annual Juried Art Contest, “Loxahatchee Visions”. Cash Prizes will be awarded at the juried exhibition, which is open to all media except photography (save your photos for next year’s contest). Artists under the age of 18 may apply at no charge. The public is invited to the Opening Reception to meet the artists on Sunday, November 13th. The Rickie Report shares the details and can’t wait to see your creations!
Friends of the Arthur R Marshall Loxahatchee National Wildlife Refuge
Seventh Annual Juried Art Contest and Show-“Loxahatchee Visions”
Public Is Invited To:
Awards and Opening Reception:
Sunday, November 13, 2016 1PM
At Visitors Center Auditorium
The Visitor Center is open 9 AM – 4 PM daily
10216 Lee Road Boynton Beach, FL 33473
Main entrance is 2 miles south of Boynton Beach Boulevard, west off US 441/SR7
ABOUT THIS JURIED EXHIBIT:
Entries will be accepted at the Visitor Center
from Monday, October 31, 2016 to Saturday, November 5, 2016.
The Visitor Center is open 9 AM – 4 PM daily.
Accepted entries will be on display in the auditorium from Monday, November 7, 2016.
The Reception/Award Presentation will be Sunday, November 13, 2016 in the Visitor Center Auditorium at 1 PM.
Rules: Entries that do not comply will be disqualified.
- ß The contest is open to all artists.
- ß Each artist may submit one or two original works of art.
- ß No giclees and no previous award winners will be accepted.
- ß No photography-we have a separate photography contest in the winter season.
- ß The subject must be inspired by a “Loxahatchee vision…”
- ß Any media or mixed media may be used (except photographs).
- ß Each entry must be framed and ready for hanging. Wrapped canvas or painted edges are OK
- ß Each entry can be no more than 36″ on a side including the frame.
- ß Please label the back with a card securely attached stating the title of the work, the media type, the artists’ name, and the sale price.
- ß Friends of Loxahatchee will use their best efforts to sell the entries and will retain 25% of the sale price as a contribution to the Refuge.
- ß Each artist will be expected to remove their art no later than Monday, January 23, 2017.
Categories: Entries will be judged on technical excellence, originality, creativity, visual impact, and artistic merit. Judges decisions are final.
- ß There are two categories – Novice (up to age 18) and Adult (age 18 and above).
- ß Each category will be awarded a First Prize ($250); a Second Prize ($150); and a Third Prize ($100)
- ß Judges may designate up to 3 entries in each category as Honorable Mentions.
- ß Judges may decide not to award cash prizes if there are less than 10 entries in that category.Entry Fee and Form: A check or money order made to the Friends of Loxahatchee must accompany the completed entry form. Place both in an envelope labeled Friends Art Contest and bring to the Visitor Center with your entry.
ß Novice (free)
ß Friends members and Refuge staff ($5.00)
ß All others ($25)
Loxahatchee Visions Contest Entry Form
I understand and agree to the contest rules and conditions and certify that the entry is my own original work.
State: ________ Zip:__________
PLEASE CHECK APPROPRIATE CATEGORY:
Title of Entry:
For participants under the age of 18, a parent or legal guardian must complete the following: I have read the contest rules and his/her participation is with my permission.