The Wellington Art Society is offering two opportunities to meet acclaimed artists as well as sharing a Call to Artists! John Bowen, award winning watercolorist and author, will give a demonstration at the monthly meeting on Wednesday, November 12th. If you have not stopped by Whole Foods in Wellington to see Nancy Brown’s photography exhibit, do it soon! There will be a public reception at Whole Foods on Friday, November 14th. Meet this Nikon legend in person and hear about her travels as well as photography! In addition, there are still open spaces for artists to take part in the Annual Art Fest on the Green in the last weekend of January. The Rickie Report shares all the details here. Did we mention $2,000. in cash prizes?
Wellington Art Society Invites You
Wednesday, November 12th
Meet and Greet 6 – 7 pm
Demonstration by John Bowen 7 pm
Wellington Community Center
12165 West Forest Hill Blvd. Wellington, FL
John Bowen’s “Viscaya Bayside”
The Wellington Art Society meeting will be held Wednesday, November 12th at the Wellington Community Center, 12165 West Forest Hill Blvd. Members and guests are invited to the “Meet and Greet” from 6 – 7 pm. At 7 pm, there will be a demonstration by award winning watercolor artist and author, John Bowen. This is an opportunity to network with other artists!
John Bowen’s “Antique Car”
John Bowen’s book, “Eleven Months and Nineteen Days” shares his experiences, some poignant as well as personal views and his illustrations during his deployment to Vietnam. Since leaving the service, John has worked as an advertising artist for the Miami Herald and the Sun-Sentinel. He recently retired from the Sentinel in 2009 and has been working on this book for over 15 years, on and off.
John Bowen’s “Ladies in Waiting”
In addition to writing this book, John continues to create magical watercolors, capturing landscapes, seascapes, street scenes and every day life. His watercolors are best sellers at Vizcaya, in Miami. He is their premier artist, whose works show various scenes inside and outside this national treasure.
John Bowen’s “Vizcaya Courtyard”
John recently was a speaker at the Mandel Public Library Foundation’s “Star Spangled Heroes” exhibit, speaking about his experiences and sharing his illustrations from his book. Recently, his memoir won 1 of three Silver Medals from Florida Authors and Publisher’s Association (FAPA).
John Bowen’s “Eleven Months and Nineteen Days” published by Middle River Press
Artist’s Reception Honoring
Friday, November 14, 2014
6:30 – 8:00 pm
Whole Foods Market cafe
2635 SR7 Wellington, FL
Nancy Brown’s “Venice”
The Whole Foods Market on SR7 in Wellington has a large cafe, lined with windows which offer nice natural lighting. It’s a perfect setting to display art and Wellington Art Society is pleased to partner with Whole Foods to bring this show to the community. Whole Foods will provide music, hot and cold appetizers, and drinks. A five-dollar donation is requested which goes to benefit the art society’s scholarship fund. RSVP to Whole Foods 561.904.4000
Nancy Brown’s Photography from her book, “Simply China”
Nancy Brown has been a commercial photographer for over thirty years, specializing in lifestyle and beauty images for advertising agencies, magazines, design firms, book publishers, and pharmaceutical agencies. After working out of her New York studio for thirty years, she now works from Boca Raton, Florida. Nancy has had four photography books published and was made a Nikon Legend in 2001. Getty Images is her stock agency. Since her first visit to the country in 2005, China has become her favorite beauty subject.
Nancy Brown’s Photography from her book, “Simply China”
Five years and five additional trips later, Nancy has released a 289-page large- sized coffee table photography book, “Simply China”. In the book’s introduction, which contains text in both Chinese and English, Nancy explains how the deep kindness of the Chinese people, their pervasive warmth to a stranger in their midst, and the glorious beauty of China’s landscape, architecture, and art continues to move her. She also explains why, with the exception of the Forbidden City, she tends to head for the rural areas – what she calls “the real China” – where not many non-Chinese go.
Nancy Brown’s “Suzanne Floating”
CALL FOR ARTISTS
Applications due DECEMBER 15, 2014
The Wellington Art Society is sending out a Call to Artists for their 9th Annual ArtFest on the Green. This outdoor show is well attended and has been the starting point for many emerging artists to take their next big step in the local and national art scene. The Rickie Report shares the information and applications – for members and non-members. Cash prizes, recognition, and networking with art patrons…we know what a terrific opportunity this is and urge you to apply!
ArtFest on the Green
January 31st & February 1, 2015
- The Wellington Art Society presents its 9th Annual Juried Fine Art and Fine Craft Show, ArtFest on the Green, to be held at the Wellington Amphitheater Saturday, January 31, 2015, from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., and Sunday, February 1, 2015, from 10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Proceeds from this show will go toward the Wellington Art Society’s Scholarship Fund as well as other community programs.
- Fees to the artist include a $25 non-refundable application fee and a $175 booth fee. Artists will be judged for originality, creativity, technique, and booth design by an independent team of judges. This show will award $2,000 in cash prizes.
- Artists will be juried in. All Fine Art and Fine Craft work must be designed and created by the artist. Prints and duplications of your original artwork will be allowed, but the majority of the booth must be original art created by the artist. Painting, sculpture, pottery, jewelry, textiles, woodworking, photography and other mediums will be considered.
- This show will take place at the beautiful Wellington Amphitheater at 12100 W. Forest Hill Blvd. in Wellington, Florida during the peak Equestrian and Tourist Season and is free to the public. The Amphitheater includes an outdoor stage featuring live and recorded music throughout the event. Food vendors and a youth art activity area will also be present. Saturday morning, the City of Wellington will feature its Green Market in the adjacent parking lot.
- Set up will occur Friday afternoon, January 30th, 2015. Security will be provided overnight Friday and Saturday. Artists will provide and set up their own 10’ x 10’ white tent, closing the sides overnight.
- The Wellington Art Society will be advertising this event in the Palm Beach Post and the Town-Crier newspapers, as well as to over 1,200 local Chamber of Commerce members, The Rickie Report, “Where the Shows Are” and extensive social media. Artists will have the opportunity to purchase ads in the event booklet, which will be offered free to art show attendees.
For more information, contact Adrianne Hetherington at Tilemaker@aol.com or by calling 561-301-4498 or Leslie Pfeiffer at: email@example.com or by calling 561-632-3677
ArtFest on the Green
9th Annual Fine Art and Fine Craft Show Non-Member Application
SATURDAY, JANUARY 31, 2015, 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM
SUNDAY, FEBRUARY 1, 2015, 10:00 AM – 4:00 PM
SET UP is on FRIDAY, JANUARY 30, 1:00 – 6:00 PM
TEARDOWN is on SUNDAY, FEBRUARY 1, 4:00 – 6:00 PM
Wellington Amphitheater, 12100 W. Forest Hill Blvd, Wellington, FL 33414
Application Fee (non-refundable) – $25
Booth Fee (one 10×10 Space) – $175
10 x 10 Artist Tents with sides (no tent stakes; weights must be used), tables, chairs and other displays are the responsibility of the artist. Booths must look professional, and spaces are to be attended at all times. Security will be provided overnight Friday and Saturday. This is an outdoor event, rain or shine. Artist is responsible for Florida sales tax. Liability for loss/damage to any property/artwork is that of the artist. Accepted art includes but is not limited to: pottery, sculpture, painting, photography, jewelry, glass, and woodworking. Refunds are not provided for accepted artists who are unable to participate in the show. Artists will be judged on the basis of originality, creativity, technique, and booth design, by an independent team of judges. This show will offer $2,000 in cash prizes. One artist represented per booth. Artists notified by email of acceptance or rejection.
SUBMITTAL DEADLINE IS DECEMBER 15, 2014.
ARTIST NAME: ______________________________________________
BUSINESS NAME: __________________________________________________________________
CITY, STATE & Zip:_______________________________
PHONE#: _________________ OR _________________
Please include 5 photos of your art work and one photo of your set up. CD’s accepted.
Photos will be reviewed for quality of fine art, fine craft and booth presentation.
Mail this portion of form with fees payable to: Wellington Art Society, Inc.
WELLINGTON ART SOCIETY, P.O. BOX 212943, ROYAL PALM BEACH, FL. 33421-2943
Please write Attention: ArtFest on the envelope.
Wellington Art Society, Inc., is a 501 © (3) non-profit organization.
Emerging artists, new residents of the area or any artist are welcome to attend the Wellington Art Society meetings. WAS offers a wide variety of venues for members to show and sell their work in the community. For more information about WAS please visit: www.wellingtonartsociety.org or http://wellingtonartsociety.blogspot.com
For coverage of your events, to place an advertisement, or speak to Rickie about appearing in The Rickie Report, contact The Rickie Report at:
Rickie Leiter, Publisher
The Rickie Report
Palm Beach Gardens, FL 33420