Looking for a new venue to show your artwork and fine crafts? The Rickie Report is pleased to share this CALL FOR ART! A veteran artist originally from Palm Beach County, Sheryl Hughes, is bringing artists together in her new location for a two-day art event in March. Viera, FL is a suburb of Melbourne. The DEADLINE is February 6th. We share the application and information here. Let us know when you get accepted so we can share your good news!
Located in a beautiful Central Park at The Avenue, Viera, on Lake Andrew Drive, the first annual “Art at the Avenue” will take place Saturday and Sunday, March 21 and 22, 2015 with an option to set up one’s tent and sell on Friday evening as well. Eight awards will be given based on the judge’s evaluation of the body of work within the booth rather than one particular piece. Originality, presentation and mastery of the medium will be considered.
Rules & Regulations
The Inaugural “Art at the Avenue” Art Festival 2015
An Outdoor Fine Art Festival sponsored by The Avenue and Art Gallery of Viera
Phone: (321) 504-4343
Show Dates: March 21 and March 22, 2015. Hours: 10 am – 5 pm Saturday and Sunday. There is an option to set up late afternoon on Friday, March 20, and open for business that evening.
Location: Central Park at The Avenue, Lake Andrew Drive, Viera, FL 32940
Application Deadline: no later than February 6, 2015 at midnight EST
Acceptance Notification: no later than February 8, 2015.
Booth Payment Deadline: February 10, 2015
1. Completed Application Form (mailed, emailed or hand delivered) plus
2. Three (3) Digital Images of artist work, and one (1) image of booth and
3. Booth fee of $125 (payment to be made after an acceptance email or phone call is received by applicant)
Organized and presented by The Avenue and Art Gallery of Viera, jurying for acceptance will be completed by an Art Gallery of Viera committee. Awards will be given by an independent outside judge.
Independent judge(s) will evaluate each booth and the work of each artist. Their decision will be based on the body of work rather than an individual painting or piece. The judge(s) will begin rounds at 10 am on Saturday morning. Award winners will be announced Sunday morning
First Place – $500
Second Place – $300
Third Place – $200
Merit Awards (5) at $50 each
Central Park at The Avenue and the immediate surrounding area as marked. Exhibitors must provide their own means of display that is sufficiently sturdy to withstand out door elements. The artist is responsible for the cleanliness, safety and security of their display. Night security will be provided.
Site Facts – the Display Space
1. Each space is approximately 10×10 ft. Spaces will be assigned in the order the applications are received.
2. Work must be contained within the assigned space.
3. Failure to adhere to the designated space may result in the artist being required to reset their display.
4. Electricity to booths is not available. No generators allowed.
5. Booths must be completely set up and ready to go by 10 am on Saturday, March 21st.
6. Booth breakdown must not happen until after 5 pm on Sunday.
1. All work must be original 2 or 3 dimensional artwork produced by the juried artist.
2. Display bins containing prints or reproductions must be clearly marked and identified as such. The bins must not detract from the overall appearance of the booth.
3. All editions should be limited.
4. Work must meet archival standards when applicable.
5. Not more than 10% of the artwork displayed on the walls of the display booth may be reproductions and must be clearly marked as such. Digital Art 1st Edition will be considered original.
6. No commercially made products, ceramics from commercial molds, commercially cut wood products, kit objects, decoupage, bead-work or mass-produced items may be exhibited.
7. No buy-sell items are allowed.
8. All work must be labeled either for sale with the price indicated or marked “Not For Sale”.
9. The committee reserves the right to eject any display which, in its opinion, does not conform to the artist’s work as represented by their juried images.
Important Application Information
Please read the following information carefully. Failure to comply with instructions will result in ineligibility of artist’s application submission. Incomplete submissions will not be considered for the jury process. We reserve the right to refuse any application submission.
Deadline For Submission: February 6, 2015 at midnight EST.
1. Applications received after February 6, 2015 midnight, EST will not be accepted.
2. Artists will be notified of acceptance, non-acceptance or reserve status by phone or email by February 8, 2015, All Booth Payments are due by February 10, 2015. All decisions by the committee are final.
Online – The application form information with three (3) digital images of your work, plus one (1) image of booth needs to be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. The Application Fee of $125 must be paid by the February 10, 2015 deadline (at gallery or by Paypal) after an acceptance email has been received by the applicant. There will be no refunds for cancellation once artist has been accepted including cancellation of the show due to Acts of God.”
Mail or Drop off – To submit your application by mail, include your completed Application Form and a CD containing your 4 digital images. Applications may also be dropped off in person at Art Gallery of Viera. Include your application form and a CD with your 4 digital images. Booth Fees will need to be mailed after an acceptance phone call has been received. Payment can also be made at the gallery. All checks/money orders are deposited upon receipt. Make checks/money orders payable to Art Gallery of Viera and mail to: Art Gallery of Viera 2261 Town Center Avenue, Suite 111 Viera, FL 32940. Any check returned for insufficient funds is subject to a $50 processing fee.
Florida State Law requires that participating artists have a sales tax number. Each artist is responsible for the collection of Florida State Sales Tax on all sales made during the festival and for remittance to the State of Florida Department of Revenue. Call 850-488-9750 for additional sales tax information.
Art at the Avenue 2015 Artist Application
Artist Name __________________________________
City, State, Zip ___________________________________________
Please include three (3) digital images of your artwork, and one (1) digital image of your booth with this application. If emailing , put this info into your email. If mailing or dropping off to the gallery, please submit images on a CD. Thank you for your application.
For more Information:
Art Gallery of Viera
2261 Town Center Avenue, Suite 111 Viera, FL 32940
For coverage of your events, to place an advertisement, or speak to Rickie about appearing in The Rickie Report, contact The Rickie Report at:
Rickie Leiter, Publisher
The Rickie Report
Palm Beach Gardens, FL 33420