Art Call For “Audubon Of The Everglades” Exhibit In Celebration of 50th Anniversary Of Audubon Society Of The Everglades
The Audubon Society of the Everglades will celebrate its 50th Anniversary in 2016. To honor and acknowledge the importance of this historic moment, APBC Art on Park Gallery Presents “Audubon of The Everglades: 50 Year Anniversary Exhibit”. The Rickie Report shares this CALL FOR ART ENTRIES. Works should reflect the Audubon’s mission to educate and inspire people to conserve wildlife, especially birds and the environment that supports them. There are cash prizes and awards. Internationally acclaimed fine art photographer, Melinda Moore will judge for prizes. ART PATRONS: Mark Your Calendars for the Opening Reception on Nov. 20th. An After-Party will be held at the Brewhouse Gallery. We share all of the details here and urge emerging artists and professional artists to enter.
Artists of Palm Beach County
Art on Park Gallery
CALL FOR ART ENTRIES:
“Audubon of The Everglades:
50 Year Anniversary Exhibit”
Friday, November 20, 2015
5 – 8 pm
After Party at The Brewhouse Gallery starting at 8 pm
720 Park Ave, Lake Park
(on the next block east of Art on Park Gallery)
Exhibit Runs November 16 – December 30, 2015
Art on Park Gallery
Monday – Saturday Noon to 6 PM
800 Park Avenue Lake Park, FL 33403
The Audubon Society of the Everglades will celebrate its 50th Anniversary in 2016. To honor and acknowledge the importance of this historic moment, APBC Art on Park Gallery Presents “Audubon of The Everglades: 50 Year Anniversary Exhibit”. To kick off this special event APBC is showcasing the talent of artists from Palm Beach County, FL. Works should reflect the Audubon’s mission to educate and inspire people to conserve wildlife, especially birds and the environment that supports them.
Wednesday, November 4, 2015
Giving Back to the Community: 15% of sales will be donated
$50 First Place * $25 Second Place * Honorable Mention
We are proud to announce that our judge is award winning, fine art photographer, Melinda Moore
- Original work only – no copies
- Works should reflect the Audubon’s mission to educate and inspire people to conserve wildlife, especially birds and the environment that supports them.
- Works must be by artists who live in Palm Beach County, FL.
- Multimedia , 2D and 3D work welcomed.
- Maximum Size: 36″ wide x 60″ high.
- Please do not submit work that is not ready to hang.
- There is no time to have work finished before the drop off date.
- Submissions and payments to be sent in electronically via our website.
- APBC Members non-refundable entry fee: $15 for up to 3 pieces (.jpg up to 3 MB each)
- Non-Members non-refundable entry fee: $25 for up to 3 pieces (.jpg up to 3 MB each)
- Members will receive 75% of the gross sale.
- Non-Members will receive 65% of the gross sale.
- Juried by the Art on Park Gallery Management Committee
- Notification to artists on or before Saturday, November 7, 2015
- Hand delivery of artwork, Monday, November 16 from 12:00 pm to 5:00 pm
- Opening Reception: Friday, November 20, 2015 from 5 – 8 pm
- Art Pickup: Wednesday, December 30, 12:00 noon to 5:00 pm
- Entry fees are not refundable.
- The decision of the jurors is final.
- Images of works must be submitted to be juried in an electronic JPG format, no larger than 3MB, via the link on the APBC.org website.
- File names should contain name of the work. Make sure the file names match the names listed on entry form.
- Unframed oils and acrylics must be finished on all sides – no staples showing.
- No damaged frames or mats; mats must be clean.
- All installation methods, such as wire attached to frames, must be secure. All 2D pieces MUST be wired on the back.
- All entries must be labeled on the back of the work, base of sculpture, or somehow attached to artwork with artist name and title of work.
APBC, Inc. carries liability insurance for the Art on Park Gallery which does not extend to your artwork. APBC, Inc. will do its best to safeguard against theft, loss, breakage, or other damage, but will not be financially responsible for reimbursement of lost or damaged work.
Please read these entire instructions before you proceed:
If you want to join APBC please follow the “Become a Member” link BEFORE you try to enter the exhibit. After you pay the membership fee ($50 for one year), please make sure you complete the registration process by following the provided links and email instructions to fill in your user name/password and contact details. Or you can renew your membership if it has lapsed.
Go to the “APBC Exhibitions” tab on the left side column of the Home page. Go to the AUDUBON 2015 event and click on the provided link. Please check the appropriate link for member submission fee.
After you enter/edit the information fields, go to the bottom of the page to: “Exhibition Name” “Select an Exhibition Name.” Select AUDUBON 2015, then click the last link: “proceed to Submit . . .”
You should have all your images ready to upload (JPEG format only, no larger than 3 MB each). After you have chosen ALL your images click the UPLOAD button. You will then be asked to fill in the name, medium, size and price of each image. When this is complete you have reached the final step. Click the button. You should receive an email telling you of the successful submission.
IF YOU HAVE ANY TROUBLE WITH THIS PROCESS or have any questions, please call John Palozzi at the Gallery for help, 561-345-2842 Art.on.Park@artistsofpalmbeachcounty.com
For more information:
APBC Art on Park Gallery
800 Park Avenue, Lake Park FL 33403