The Boca Arts Center announces it First Annual Juried Arts Festival Show and Sale on December 10th. This one-day event will feature art of all types, including 2D and 3D art, plus performing artists. The Rickie Report shares the details, reminding ART PATRONS to MARK THE DATE and ARTISTS to APPLY By November 15th. This is a Free event, open to the public. Artists: There is NO Application fee! There will be a special “Winners” Gallery Show at the Boca Arts Center through the month of December, with a FREE Public RECEPTION on Sunday, December 18th. The Rickie Report shares the details
Boca Arts Center
1st Annual Juried Art Festival Show and Sale
Saturday, December 10, 2016
10 am – 5 pm
Free Admission, Open to the Public
Located in the heart of Boca at I-95 and Palmetto Park Road
This Event Continues At:
Free, Public Reception
“Meet the Winners”
Sunday December 18 1-3 pm
Artists, sculptors, jewelry artisans, photographers, glass artisans, crafts and musicians may also apply to perform and sell their CD’s
This will be an advertised event with food trucks and live music
For more information call Talin: 561-573-0123
DETAILS FOR ARTISTS:
Entry Fee: FREE
Submit two samples via email to email@example.com
ONCE YOU ARE ACCEPTED, THE BOOTH FEE IS $125.00
Spaces: 10’x10′ You will need your own tent, chairs, and table
Important Dates to Remember:
Registration Deadline Tuesday November 15 2016. (form sent via email: firstname.lastname@example.org)
Booth Setup: Saturday December 10, 2016 from 6am-9am
Winners in each category will be announced at 6pm.
All Booths must be cleared, cleaned up, all trash and debris removed, and all artwork removed by 8pm the day of the show.
Before entering artwork, entrants need to read and understand contest rules:
If your entry wins any Award, it is eligible and will be taken to the Winner’s Show in Boca Arts Center Gallery. Entrants must specify if entries should not be taken to this show.
The show will be held during the month of December 2016.
A reception will be held celebrating the winners and show Sunday December 18 from 1pm-3pm. Please plan to attend. The public is encouraged to attend.
Info you need to know:
For installation and identification purposes, all pieces must include the title of the work, category entered and your name in the upper right hand corner on the back side.
Special attention should always be paid to the presentation of your art work.
The Boca Arts Center and or Talin’s Studio are not responsible for loss or damage of any artwork. Any work deemed inappropriate Boca Arts Center and or Talin’s Studio standards will not be displayed.
Divisions and Categories for 1st Annual Boca Arts Show and Festival:
- Visual Art: Cartoon/Comics, Digital Art, Drawing, Mixed Media, Painting, Watercolor and 3-Dimensional/Sculpture.
- Artisan Crafts: Crochet/Knitting/Needlework, Quilts, Jewelry, Pottery and Wildcard (for entries that don’t fit anywhere else in this division.)
- Photography: Action, Animals, Black and White, Landscapes, Cityscapes, Light, Elements of Design, Macro, Northwestern Campus Life, People, Plants and Wildcard (for entries that don’t fit anywhere else in this division.) Special Photography Category is “13.” Open to interpretation – depict the number 13 in some manner to help NAS celebrate the 13th annual art show.
An audio sample of your work needs to be emailed to: email@example.com along with your instrument and or vocal information.
You will be scheduled to perform live the day of the Festival.
Please plan on having your flyers, business cards and of course your CD’s for sale!
Boca Arts Center’s 1st Annual Art Show Entry Form
Please fill out the form below to enter:
The Boca Arts Center and Talin’s Studio are not responsible for loss or damage of any artwork.
To Enter to have a 10’x10’ booth at the BAC Art Show and Festival, there is no charge.
If you are accepted, the charge for the space is $125.00
10% of all of your sales the day of the show will go to Boca Arts Center.\
Each artist must supply their own tent, chairs, display items, tables, and anything needed to display and sell your work.
Date Entry Form Submitted* _____/_____/_____
Entrant’s Name ____________________________
Address (Street) _______________________________________________
City:_____________________________ State:_____ Zip Code:___________
Phone Number _(______)___________________
Email Address ___________________________________
Your entry confirmation will be sent via email.
Please choose which area you are competing in:
Please number each line and provide: Your name, the name of the Division, Category, the title of your art piece and what size it is. (Example: Jan Smith 1. Photography, Landscape, “Snow,” 8×10 2. Drawings, “Cat,” 16×20)
- Remember, all photos must be at least 5×7 and should be matted/mounted. \
- No frames.
- You may only enter two items per category. (See rules for exception on entry number for Paintings and Watercolor)
- No art piece may be cross-entered in multiple categories.
- Categories within Visual Arts Division include Cartoon/Comics, Digital Art, Drawing, Mixed Media, Painting, Watercolor and 3-Dimensional/Sculpture.
- Categories in Artisan Crafts Division include Crochet/Knitting/Needlework, Quilts, Jewelry, Pottery and a Wildcard category for entries that don’t fit anywhere else in this division.
- The Photography Division categories include Action, Animals, Black and White, Cityscapes, Landscapes, Light, Elements of Design, Macro, People, Plants and Wildcard category for entries that don’t fit anywhere else in the Photography Division. Special Photography Category is “13.” Open to interpretation – depict the number 13 in some manner to help BAC celebrate the annual art show.
Permission Signature _________________________
By choosing “YES,” you agree that you have read and understand all rules, information, requirements, category descriptions, etc., for entering Boca Arts Center Art Show and Festival, and agree to terms that Boca Arts Center and Talin’s Studio are not held responsible for any damages or loss to artwork. If you choose “NO,” your artwork will not be displayed.
Winners’ Show Permission*
By choosing “YES,” if your artwork receives any prize, you will allow your artwork to be moved to the Winners’ Show In Boca Arts Center Gallery.
By choosing “NO,” your winning artwork will not be taken and you will pick it up at the end of the show on Saturday, December 10, 2016 at 6pm.
Are you Currently enrolled in art classes at Boca Arts Center?
Would you like Visual Art Program Information?
Have you taken Visual Art Classes? If so, please describe in a few paragraphs:
If you are a professional teacher in the arts and are interested in bringing your classes to Boca Arts Center, please let us know what type of class you would like to teach, your fee, and approximate days and times.
Please email this application to:
or if you prefer to mail:
Boca Arts Center
Att: Talin Lyman, Art Director
2 SW 12th Avenue
Boca Raton, Fl 33486
For coverage of your events, to place an advertisement, or speak to Rickie about appearing in The Rickie Report, contact:
Rickie Leiter, Publisher
The Rickie Report
17019 SW Sapri Way
Port St. Lucie, FL 34986