To read previous posts, click TheRickieReport.com and scroll down.
The Rickie Report knows that it is never too soon for young artists to start thinking about creating art work to enter into the Teen Art Competition of the Boca Raton Fine Art Show. Details and Application here:
Boca Raton Fine Art Show
January 19 & 20, 2013
Teen Art Competition
Call for Entries – Ages 13-19/Grades 9-12
Deadline: December 1, 2012
Young artists may want to start thinking about creating art work to enter into the Teen Art Competition of the Boca Raton Fine Art Show being held January 19 and 20, 2013 in downtown Boca Raton on Federal Highway on NE 1st Ave. in Sandborn Square Park and on East Boca Raton Blvd. The Teen Art Competition invites kids ages 13-19, or grades 9-12, to submit their art work to be publicly displayed at the event, and also for the opportunity to win a cash prize!
The art work entered will be placed in a tent labeled, “Teen Art Competition” , which the program encourages kids to use more of their imagination and creativity when they know that their work is going to be submitted to a high quality art show for public display and with the opportunity to win cash!
All entries must be original and unaided by other people.
Art work medium categories include painting, clay, fiber, jewelry, glass, wood, print making, photography, mixed media, sculpture, metal, drawing, digital or other.
Each entry is $3.00 with a maximum of w entries per person.
To get an application go to: www.HotWorks.org or send a self-addresses and stamped envelope to Boca Fine Art Show PO Box 1425 Sarasota, FL 34230 and an application will be mailed to you.
Each entry will be individually judges by participating artists. Four prizes will be awarded: (1) $100 for Best Teen Artist (3) $50 prizes.
The winners of the 2013 Teen Art Competition will be photographed and posted on the Boca Raton Fine Art Show website and at www.HotWorks.org for people to view.
Completed applications with a photograph of art work must be post marked by December 1, 2012.
Actual art work is to be delivered to the event sight on Friday, January 18th between 1:00- 7:00 pm and picked up on Sunday January 20th between 3:00 – 7:00 pm.
Any art work that is not picked up at that time becomes the property of the event.
Institute for the Arts and Education, Inc., is a non-profit 501(c)(3) charitable organization dedicated to enhance artistry and community enrichment through promoting and educating fine arts and crafts among artists and students, of all age groups and diversity, and the general public. IA&E implements ways to enrich lives and strengthen our community through the power of arts. We help teach communities how art work is made, and further enhance the involvement of the community with our events. An essential component of Institute for the Arts & Education is the invitation to young artists from the local schools to have their art work displayed and judged by the same art professionals. This program is to encourage and promote art among the young, with an opportunity to win a cash prizes.
Teen Art Competition Application
(Please post mark by December 1, 2012)
Copies of this application are acceptable
Artist/Student Name:__________________________ Age ___
Address & City: _________________________________________ State: ____ Zip: ___________
School Name: __________________________________
School Phone #: _________________
Name of Parent, Legal Guardian or Art Teacher: ____________________________________________
Rules and Regulations:
1. To enter you must be in grades 9 thru 12, or ages 13-19. Please note your age as of the closing date of the competition, which is on December 1, 2012. You may enter up to two pieces of art work. Entry fee is $3 per entry. Please make check payable to: “Institute for the Arts & Education, Inc.” and include with application to PO Box 1425, Sarasota, FL 34230.
2. Please print legibly when completing this application – copies of application are acceptable.
3. Please include a photograph of your art work, with size dimensions labeled clearly.
4. Please include signature of your parent, teacher or guardian on this application.
5. Your entry must be certified as being original and unaided. Accepted medium of art work includes:
___ Painting ___ Clay ___ Glass ___ Print Making ___ Drawing ___ Metal ___ Mixed-Media ___ Jewelry ___ Fiber ___ Wood ___ Photography ___ Sculpture ___ Digital ___ Other (specify)
6. Framing is optional. If framed, paintings and other flat art work must be ready to hang with a wire attached approximately 1/3 from the top.
7. Works of art must be exhibited for the entire event. No early removal of art works is allowed under any circumstances.
8. The closing date for entries is December 1, 2012. If your entry is post marked after this date it will not be submitted.
9. There are four Teen Art Competition Awards totaling $250: First prize is $100; and three secondary prizes are $50 each.
Awards are given at judges’ discretion. If your entry reaches the final judging stage and is being considered for an award, you may be asked to submit your birth certificate. You do not need to be present to win. Awards will be paid at event or immediately following event.
10. All winners will be photographed with their art work and posted on the event website, www.HotWorks.org.
11. The person signing below acknowledges and authorizes the Boca Raton Fine Art Show™ to use the Teen Art images for promotional purposes for past or future events.
12. The Boca Raton Fine Art Show™ cannot be held responsible for plagiarism in student art work.
13. Art work is to be delivered to the event sight, on Friday, January 18, between 1:00 – 7:00 pm in downtown Boca Raton, corner of Palmetto Park Road and Federal Highway. Please deliver art work located at the POD (Portable On Demand Storage Unit/Trailer). Please include your name and telephone number, plus title of entry, if any, on the back of your art work.
14. Art work may be picked up at the event at close of show on Sunday, January 20, from 3:00 pm – 7:00 pm. Art work not picked up becomes the property of the Boca Raton Fine Art Show™. We cannot store art work and are not responsible for any art work not picked up during the designated pick up time.
15. The Boca Raton Fine Art Show™; Hot Works, LLC; and Institute for the Arts & Education, Inc. will use best efforts to take utmost care of art work; however, neither can be made responsible for any damage to work.
16. The rules of the Competition may not be changed or modified and will be strictly applied.
17. The student and parents assume all responsibility for insurance coverage of all art work entered in the Boca Raton Fine Art Show™.
18. By parent, legal guardian or art teacher signing this agreement, you accept the rules listed in this application, as well as additional rules of the event. In addition, you agree to hold harmless and indemnify the Boca Raton Fine Art Show™;Hot Works, LLC; Institute for the Arts & Education, Inc.; City of Boca Raton; City of Boca Raton Community Redevelopment Agency; and their agents and employees for damage from any cause.
19. THE CLOSING DATE FOR THE COMPETITION IS DECEMBER 1, 2012.
Signature of Parent, Legal Guardian or Art Teacher
For coverage of your events, to place an advertisement, or speak to Rickie about appearing in The Rickie Report, contact The Rickie Report at:
Rickie Leiter, Publisher
The Rickie Report
Palm Beach Gardens, FL 33420
To read previous posts, click TheRickieReport.com and scroll down.